common application counselor recommendation form
The Common Application – Home
- Counselors & Recommenders
- Member Institutions
- Log In
- Member Institution
- Plan Ahead
- Why Go to College
- How to Prepare
- How to Pay for College
- How to Transfer
- Get Ready
- Explore Colleges
- Virtual Counselor
- How To Apply
- Create Your Account
- Add Schools
- Understand Requirements
- Gather Information
- Start Your Application
- Download Mobile App
- Apply Now
404 Page Not Found
404 Page Not Found
Sorry, we couldn’t find the page you were looking for. It may be one of the following:
- Create a new applicant account (https://apply.commonapp.org/createaccount)
- Applicant Log In (https://apply.commonapp.org)
- Recommender Log In (https://recommend.commonapp.org)
- Member Institution Log In (https://members.commonapp.org)
- Contact the Common Application (https://www.commonapp.org/contact-us)
- Whats (app)ening?
- Help Center
- About Us
- Contact Us
- License Agreement
Freshman Application Requirements
Required School Forms
- Ask your counselor or school official to submit your official transcript (grades 9–12 required).
- Request official transcripts for any high school, college, university, or online course not reported on your current high school transcript.
School Report and Counselor Recommendation
- If you are using the Coalition Application, ask your counselor to submit the Counselor Recommendation, which includes the School Report, Student Assessment, and a recommendation letter.
- If you are using the Common Application, ask your counselor to submit the School Report form, the Counselor Recommendation form, and a recommendation letter.
- Please note: the School Report is a required form located in the application. Your high school’s profile on its own does not fulfill the School Report requirement.
Two Teacher Recommendations
- Ask two of your teachers to submit the Coalition or Common Application academic/evaluation form and a recommendation letter.
- We recommend requesting letters from grade 11 or 12 teachers in the following subject areas: English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history/social studies. A letter from a grade 10 teacher is fine if the coursework was advanced (e.g., Honors, AP, IB).
- You may submit one optional letter if there is another person who knows you well and can provide new insights about you. Your recommender may send the letter as an email attachment to [email protected] . Include your full legal name, school, and date of birth.
Midyear and Final Transcript
- Ask your counselor to submit your midyear transcript as soon as it is available or by February 15.
- If you are admitted and decide to enroll, ask your counselor to submit your final transcript by July 1.
How to Submit Required Materials
- Use Coalition or Common Application online forms whenever possible. This is the fastest method for materials to reach your file.
- If online submission is not possible, materials may be sent as an email attachment to [email protected] .
- When ordering college transcripts, please use [email protected] as the contact email.
- As a standard practice, we offer a grace period after the application deadline during which teachers and counselors may submit application materials.
- In general, materials submitted by others may take several weeks to process. As a result, your checklist may not be complete by the deadline. This is completely fine. Simply continue to check your Application Status Page regularly until we have received all items.
Updated on August 2, 2018 1:59 PM
- Stanford in Your Area
- Discover Stanford
- Stanford Preview
- Stanford Viewbook
- Join the Mailing List
- Contact Us
Engage with Us
Stanford complies with the Jeanne Clery Act and publishes crime statistics for the most recent three-year period. View the full report .
- Stanford Home
- Maps & Directions
- Search Stanford
- Emergency Info
© Stanford University. Stanford, California 94305.